Some helpful information on Park/Holiday Home Insurance...

Is your Holiday Home Protected?

Remember, your Holiday home is as vulnerable to risk damage as your main home is, however there is much more to think about and elements of cover you won’t find on a standard household insurance policy. For example:
Public Liability insurance – in the unlikely event that an injury or death should occur to a third party on your property
Unoccupied cover – Should your property be left vacant for more than 30 days a year.
Loss of Rent/income – In the event that your property suffers significant damage following an insured claim and as a result cannot be let out for a period of time.
Accidental Damage / Malicious Damage – Damage caused by Tenants while property is being let
Alternative Accommodation – If property becomes uninhabitable following an insured claim.
Home Emergency cover – Access to a Help line 24 hours a day in the event of a burst pipe, loss of keys or Boiler breakdown

It is important to remember that the majority of insurers are unlikely to cover Holiday Homes as standard as they are considered a greater risk due to long periods when the property may be empty and unlike your main home your Holiday home could be let out to tenants who don’t always take as much care of the property as they would their own.

It is important to use a reputable company that understands your requirements so if your Park home or lodge is your main home you need a company that can also help here too:

Some other requirements worthy of consideration include:

· Full accidental damage cover for buildings and contents
· Legal expenses (which includes cover for disputes between park home owners and park operators)
· Personal possessions, money and credit cards away from home,
· Pedal cycles
· Wheelchairs/scooters
· Sports equipment
· Freezer and refrigerator contents
· Additional cover included: Key/Lock Cover, Temporary Accommodation, Wedding/Christmas Gift Cover and more.
· 24 Hour Home Emergency cover (to include Boiler Breakdown for units under 15 years old).